Here's a few things rattling around my cranium from this past week...
- March Madness is here! The TV will be tuned into basketball non-stop for the next weeks...and then till June with the NBA playoffs.
- First Game: Upset. Gotta love the tourney. Warren Buffet is already breathing a little easier. However, I did pick Dayton over OSU mainly because I hate the Buckeyes.
- My Final Four Picks: Florida, MSU, Wisconsin, Duke with the Gators over the Blue Devils.
- Part of our staff time today...practicing a Hoedown. Hope to see you at the JAAC's this Sunday night at The Journey.
- I saw the weather this morning. They said below average temps through June. The snow in our back yard is never going to melt. At least I won't have to mow my grass this summer.
- The problem will be I will be putting fertilizer on the front yard when there's still snow in the back.
- Opening day for MLB should be interesting. Soccer starts in two weeks. No way the fields are clear.
- I saw them pulling out a tarp over the snow on the infield for the Whitecaps. They revealed some of the new details with 5/3rd ball park remodel. More concessions, bigger store, some new future seatings...for the cost, it's hard to beat the experience there.
- Conferences this week. Our kids are doing awesome at school.
- Half day today for the kids. Lunch at Dog & Suds. It was popcorn day too so movie night this afternoon...aka Frozen sing a long.
- Best thing I made this week: Sauted Chicken with Carmelized Onions & Smashed Red Potatoes.
- Best grub around town this week: Draft Root Beer in a frosty mug at Dog & Suds and Peanut Butter Chocolate Donut at Goobers. We didn't really eat out in the past week.
Hope you have a great weekend!
My kids are excited today since Frozen came out on video...don't know why since we didn't buy it for them or anything. They'll probably get it from the Easter bunny or something?!?!
Anyways... since I have to listen to this song non-stop, you should join in too. So here you go:
Here's a few thoughts from my week...
- I had a few more vacation days this week to burn. Use 'em or lose 'em by the end of this month. So I had a relaxing week. I did a few projects around the house, took the kids to the GR musuem to see the Dino exhibit, hair cut, I had a gift certificate from Steph for a massage that I cashed in, and went into Eli's class to help out one day. Good mental break.
- I got all caught up on Revolution. The last few episodes were good. The show got kinda dumb for a while but it's getting good again.
- Did you see Philip Philips on American Idol last week? I likeed his new song. He's totally the 2nd version of Dave Matthews but he's still good.
- I'm excited for the new 24 series coming in May.
- I watched Die Hard 5...not nearly as good as the original.
- It's time to get March Madness reved up. The tourney is going to be crazy this year. No favorite. MSU & U of M could win it all or lost in first round.
- I think it the NBA will come down to Miami/Indy & Spurs/OKC. The cream will rise to the top. However, Houston & Golden State could be a surprise in the West.
- I watch a little of Tiger preseason. They are going to be kicking off the season in the snow.
- Golden Tate to the Lions...it's a okay signing. Not too exciting. He can catch and can play multiple WR positions which will be good since they can't keep anyone healthy. They should still take Mike Evans.
- I think the Pats wanted Revis but I think a small part of the signing was to just tick off the Jets.
- Foodie Moment: We ate out at Mi Castina with some friends this week. Nothing new. Just good. I didn't make anything new or exciting either. We had a roasted Chicken last night & I decided that I am only cooking whole chickens from now on. It's some much juicier and better flavor.
- Did anyone watch the iTunes festival? I want to go back and watch Coldplay. Looking forward to the new album.
- Eli's teacher was picked for the WGVU Cool Teacher award. He's a great teacher.
- Spring comes in the weeks?!?!?!
Have a great weekend.
Here a few random things roaming around my mind grapes from this past week...
- We didn't take a vacation this past summer because we bought a dog and a fence. We're also saving up for a big Disney Trip. So I have some vacation days to burn before the end of the month so I've been off all week! Yeah me.
- Today I took a trip down to the beach to experience the movie Frozen first hand. I haven't been down there this winter. It was crazy but I was the only one out there so it was beautiful and calm at the same time.
- I am now all caught up on the few shows I watch...Personal of Interest is one of my favorites. The last two episodes were so good.
- I think I could win a Sport Current Events Trivia contest after a week off. One thing I know is that the Pistons need to start tanking so they don't lose their draft pick from the Ben Gordon deal.
- I pulled out my Tigers ball cap today. Wishful spring thoughts.
- I had a few projects and appointments this week but I got bored after the second day. I was going to clean out & reorganize the garage while I was off but everything is still frozen. I'm not good at time off but I needed a mental break.
- Best thing I've made lately: Sausage Gravy & biscuits with runny eggs, Creamy Garlic Pasta with Pancetta Chicken & Mushrooms.
- I'm ready for warmer weather because I haven't been real motivated to cook. Tired of soups & stuff in the oven. Ready to make every meal on the grill.
- Local Food: Kid were with the grandparents this past weekend. Steph and I stopped in the Drip Drop on Saturday early afternoon for a pour over coffee. Good stuff to drink up if your downtown.
- The new farmers market is looking good. So much potential downtown Muskegon. Will it ever come all together?
- Steph got me a nice camera for Christmas so I spent some time snapping some pics this week. I love tech toys!
- Looking forward to week 2 of the "Why God?" series at The Journey North on M120. We have a marriage prep course on Saturday too. Back to work for the weekend and a few more vacation days to burn next week.
Have a great weekend!
Here's a few random thoughts from my week:
- The wild winds are making our yard look like the mountian at the Olympics. Our dog bit it into a snow drift today. We also our own private ice rink at the bottom of our driveway.
- I saw some upper 30's on the extended 15 day forecast. I don't really believe it though.
- Jimmy Fallon is doing a great job with the Tonight Show so far. Good funny stuff.
- We shot a Journey Staff video today. Good fun. Lots of laughs. You'll see it next Sunday.
- I'll be at the North M120 site all month now. This multi-site thing is a weird, crazy, fun, exciting ride.
- Listening to the new Coldplay song. All electronic. They seem to capture emotion well in their songs.
- Current favorite song: Back the Beginning by Switchfoot. Least favorite: Let it Go. The kids keep singing it. They won't...let it go.
- Foodie moment: Best things this week: Duck Ham & Jam from Mia & Grace or the Berry Granola Pancakes at Toast n Jams.
- We have Italian Ribs in the crockpot right now. I will have some cottage cheese & parmesan polenta with it tonight. Ribs in the oven for 30 minutes to brown (+ a little time under the broiler) then is the crock pot all day. Good stuff.
- All the shows are back on this week. I'm already way behind on the DVR.
- Looking forward to a relaxing weekend this weekend!
Hope you have a great wintery weekend. Hopefully the last one!
Here's a few songs that were/will be featured in our Why God series:
BUSTED HEART...this is a good one. It says winter will come to an end.
ALL AROUND ME
HOLD MY HEART
LET ME FEEL YOU SHINE
Here's a few more...download them, listen to them if you want to reflect on the series more.
Feel Again | onerepublic
40 | U2
Show Me What I'm Looking For | Carolina Liar
Stars | Switchfoot
Undeniable | Mat Kearney
Troubled Day | Seabird
Here's a few random thoughts from my week:
- I don't really like figure skating so the Winter Olympics get less and less of my viewing time as it goes on. I have a hard time with all the trick skiing/snowboard stuff too. It all looks hard to me and I have a hard time connecting with the scoring! But hey...GO USA!
- Second half of the NBA season is here. It looks like it's down to OKC vs. Miami. If anyone is going to unseat those teams, it would be SA, GS, or IND.
- I hope the Pistons don't make the playoffs so they get a better draft pick.... :(
- The dunk contest was anti-climatic. It would have been great if they ended with a dunk off with the past three guys.
- Best dunker/contest of all times: Vincanity in 2000.
- I wish I was in FL for some Tigers spring training.
- A few days of winter sun and a brief thaw was nice. Hopefully the next one isn't too far away.
- We finally got some good snowman weather so we made a good one outside yesterday...He's kinda melty today.
- We had pizza from Handsome Henry's this past week. I had the deep dish. It's not as good as the real sutff in Chicago, but it's still good.
- Steph and I had Valentine's dinner on Sunday night instead of Friday...who says Feb. 16th can't be a special day!
- We've been DVR'ing the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I think he's going to be good. He has the potential to be the best host I think. He seems like a nice guy who actually cares and listens to the people he interviews.
- Looking forward to the last week of our Why God series at church this weekend. It's been an interesting series.
Have a great weekend!